Sunday, June 9, 2013

Naya Phaard

"New Mountain"

If you know me at all you know that I love the outdoors. I love exploring nature and getting to experience the Lord's creation. I love wide open spaces to let my thoughts run as far out and as hight up as they can go. I love the challenge presented in adventure--the joys of experiencing something new and seeing something I have never seen before and allowing it to expand my thoughts and push me closer to my Lord as I strive to conquer any obstacles that may come in the adventure.

My new city doesn't offer much in the form of open spaces or pretty scenery or high mountains to climb. Instead it offers high rise apartment buildings as far as the eye can see. Crammed so close beside each other one could reach out their window and touch their neighbor's window. Each flat houses a family, probably of 4 or more. These are my new mountains. As I looked out across my city today I recognized the high and challenging climb of each of these "mountains". These are not ordinary mountains that one can just climb on a whim. These are mountains that must be conquered thru much prayer and love and perseverance and endurance. This is my new adventure, the new race set before that I will strive to run with endurance. That I train for every day as I sit and listen to a language unfamiliar to my ear.

I love my new mountains. 

No comments:

Post a Comment